Beeing an uncle can be an intense experience that can’t always be explained easily. That’s why, on Baby on Board, we’ve created 10 phrases for uncles who don’t know how to express how they feel. Get to know them.
The feelings you have for your nephews are always special, and just like being an aunt or being a godfather, being an uncle brings with it a world of emotions that are often difficult to get from the chest to paper.
At the request of some of the uncles on Baby on Board, we therefore decided to create a set of phrases that help translate the various feelings that accompany the birth and growth of a nephew.
Come with us to learn the 10 phrases that every uncle wants to say (and many don’t know how).
1. To be an uncle is to have a child on loan and the best gift a brother ever gave you.
2. To be an uncle is to understand that the biggest things in the world can be very small.
3. To be an uncle is simultaneously to discover the child that lives in us and to play again and to discover the adult that lives in us to learn how to educate.
4. To be an uncle is to love without possession. When the nephew is born, it is never he who is ours…it is we who are his!
5. More than any lamp, a nephew is the light that illuminates. When he smiles, he lights up the room, lights up the world, and lights up my heart.
6. It took the arrival of a nephew for me to understand that size is not strength. He, so tiny, would win any battle. There is nothing I wouldn’t do for him.
7. Over time, I have discovered that life can be a war. With every step of my nephew’s growth, I want to be with him in the trenches.
8. To be an uncle is to know that your heart will always beat inside another chest.
9. It is for my nephew that every day I try to be better, create a better world, and build a future where he can be anything he wants to be.
10. When my nephew was born, all my dreams became one: to see him grow up and be happy.
Did you like these phrases about being an uncle? Which one best defines you? Tell the rest of the Baby on Board uncles and share the phrases you liked best on your social networks.